This week, I am thankful for the following:
- La langue française. It continues to drive me insane, even after two years. It’s an exhilarating kind of insanity, though, so it’s mostly okay. I love languages and I’m thankful for each and every one of them.
- My friends. I’m always thankful for my friends.
- For my friend who made me watch Spirited Away. In French. What a magical, weird movie.
- Peter Jackson! You can hate him all you want, but I love this man to death. There were several cringe-worthy scenes in The Desolation of Smaug, but the movie was still awesome. This Middle-Earthling is grateful.
- Sannion. I will be eternally grateful for this man’s genius and how he’s bridged me closer to Dionysos.
- Dionysos. May his name be praised for ever and ever.
- The landwights and house lares for their guardianship over my city and family. I’ll miss them when I leave the country, but I trust that they will bless me on my journey.
- For life. For love. For the glorious Innernets (even if it’s acting kind of stupid right now).
- For Christmas! It traditionally starts tomorrow at the break of dawn. (Other Filipinos will start theirs on 1 September, but I’m not one of them.)